My Monday quiz seems to have many of you stumped. I thought I would include this link to a website for fun Shakespeare games with great graphics.
Who knows, maybe it will help you answer a few of the quotes on the quiz. Games include: Hamlet’s Duel, What’s in a name? (find a match for Juliet), Name that Play, and SAT-Shakespeare Aptitude Test.
Here’s how to play…Identify the quote by telling me what book it’s from. Leave a comment with the # of the quote and the title of the book and I’ll cross it off the list. No Googling, that’s cheating and no fun! If you know them all, please don’t guess every one.
Hint: The quotes came from these plays. Some are used twice. A Midsummer Night’s Dream, As You Like It, Hamlet, Julius Caesar, Macbeth, Richard III, Romeo & Juliet, The Merchant of Venice, Twelfth Night
1. “Parting is such sweet sorrow” ROMEO & JULIET
Beware the ides of March” Jason, Julius Caesar
3. “Off with his head!” RICHARD III
4. “The course of true love never did run smooth” A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM
The lady doth protest too much” Janet, Hamlet
6. “All that glitters is not gold” THE MERCHANT OF VENICE
Double, double toil & trouble” Jason, Macbeth
8. “To sleep, perchance to dream- ay, there’s the rub” HAMLET
A plague on both your houses” Jason, Romeo &Juliet
10. “All the world’s a stage” AS YOU LIKE IT
11. “Cowards die many times before their deaths” JULIUS CAESAR
12. “Something wicked this way comes” MACBETH
Lord, what fools these mortals be” Lisa, A Midsummer Night’s Dream
14. If music be the food of love, play on” TWELFTH NIGHT
“The winter of our discontent” Duane, Richard III