Feature Presentation…MONDAY MOVIE MEME
This week’s movie topic is all about Illness…Share on your blog movies that contain a form of illness as its theme or feature a character who is sick or diseased, linking back here at The Bumbles.
I generally steer clear of movies that will make me cry, but here are a few that snuck up on me.
1. Terms of Endearment (1983) Cried like a baby when I saw this. Of course I was a baby at 12, but still. The cast was excellent and the story, well, it’s the first movie that came to mind when I saw the topic, so it’s stayed with me all these years!
2. Moulin Rouge (2001) If you like Broadway musicals, like I do, then you’ll like this one about a terminally ill star in turn of the century Paris. Loved pretty much everything about this one.
3. The Apartment (1960) This is a favorite of mine. Shirley MacLaine’s character overdoses on sleeping pills and must stay in Jack Lemmon’s character’s apartment. Funny and sad or sad and funny. Either way it worked for me.
4. Erin Brockovich (2000) Sort of a sad yet feel good movie about terminal illness. There is someone to blame and they must pay! If only all illness was so easy.
5. While You Were Sleeping (1995) I know I list this one a lot, but it does fit this category perfectly since there would be no story unless a main character is in a coma. And it’s an illness movie with no sad parts, not an easy feat!
So, do you have a favorite movie about an illness? (Seems like a strange question, right?)