Answers to last week’s First Lines Quiz here.
Can you identify these books by their censored titles? Leave a comment with the number, title and author. If you get the correct answer first you will be entered to win a free book from me :) Details here.
1. AUDREY HEPBURN”S NECK by Alan Brown
2. Still Life by AS Byatt – Jackie
3. Summer in the City by Robyn Sisman – Strangelove
4. Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner – Wrighty
5. I Do (But I Don’t) by Cara Lockwood – ‘Nise
6. LORD JOHN & THE HAND OD DEVIL’S by Diana Gabaldon
7. THE SLEEPING DOLL by Jeffery Deaver
8. The Husband by Dean Koontz – Wrighty
9. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks - Thoughts of Joy
10. WAR & PEACE by Leo Tolstoy
Maybe Level 2 was 2 hard :)
I love the Up & Down word game. Try it if you haven’t already. Since this is the first time I’m making it myself I’m going to keep it simple. The answer for line 1 goes down to the first blank in line 2, and so on. These are all 2 word book titles.
What’s the word that goes in both blanks? American
Now on to level 1
___River___ King (Kathy was first :) )
Too easy? How ’bout level 2
Indian ___Killer____ (Hilarie)
Let’s see who figures them out first. Leave a comment with your answers.
Answers to last week’s quiz here.
Can you identify these books by their censored titles? Leave a comment with the number, title and author.
1. Stitches by David Small – Beth
2. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe – Debbie
3. The Heretic’s Daughter by Kathleen Kent – Kathy
4. Eva Luna by Isabel Allende - Kathy
5. Duma Key by Stephen King - Heather
6. The Jane Austen Book CLub by Karen Joy Fowler – Violet
7. Testimony by Anita Shreve - Debbie
8. Life of Pi by Yann Martel – Kathy
9. Wrack & Ruin by Don Lee – Gwendolyn
10. A Million Little Pieces by James Frey – Kathy
I am very impressed with you all! I’ll do this one again in a few weeks. Extra entries for Nicole (2), Wrighty (4), and Jessica.
I thought I’d do something a little different this week. I was doing some shifting of books this weekend and was admiring some of the fun covers. Can you identify these books by their censored titles? Leave a comment with the number, title and author. If you are the first one to get it right you will earn an extra entry in my book giveaway. If you can get them all that would be a lot of entries!
1. The Quilter’s Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini, Nicole
2. The Little Friend by Donna Tartt, Heather
3. The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber, Wrighty
4. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, Heather
5. Skipping Christmas by John Grisham, Jessica
6. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Nicole
7. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling, Wrighty
8. The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, Wrighty
9. Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella, Heather
10. Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz, Wrighty
Do I need to make them bigger?
Here’s how to play…Identify the fictional couples and leave a comment with the #, the names and the book or story that immortalized them and I’ll cross it off the list. No Googling, that’s cheating and no fun! I confess that #10 is a personal fave and most probably won’t know it.
Unscramble these fictional lovers.
1. HLOOLET & EMDEONDSA OTHELLO & DESDEMONA (Othello), Mark
2. ZWIIIMTALFL CRDYA & ZTHBLIEAE TNTBNEE FITZWILLIAM DARCY & ELIZABETH BENNETT (Pride & Prejudice), Aidan
3. TLESCART RAAOH & TETHR RETLUB SCARLETT O”HARA & RHETT BUTLER (Gone with the Wind), Aidan
4. CTFAFHELIH & THREENICA HEATHCLIFF & CATHERINE (Wuthering Heights), Aidan
5. OMROE & LTUJIE ROMEO & JULIET (Romeo & Juliet), Kathy
6. MEAJS GUONY & LADEL OUNYG JAMES & DELLA YOUNG (Gift of the Magi), Bumbles
8. VIELRO RARETTB & FREEJINN LIVERICAL — OLIVER BARRET & JENNIFER CAVILERI (Love Story)
9. WEARDD & LEBAL EDWARD & BELLA (TWILIGHT series), Kathy
10. RECAIL DANDRALL & MAIJE SAFERR CLAIRE RANDALL & JAMIE FRASER (Outlander series). Jenny