This is a continuation of last year’s challenge where I asked all of you to vote for 50 books from my shelves that I would read. I have 14 left and I’m honoring my committment to reading them. Maybe it’s because you guys chose 4 of my 5 favorite books last year! Here are the ones I’ve still yet to read…
1. She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb – 12 votes (Mary, Marce, Jo-Jo, Amanda, Calico Critic, ‘Nise, Jo Ann, Allesandra, Piroska, Mom, Literary Feline, Melissa)
2. A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving – 10 votes (Mary, BermudaOnion, Word Lily, Linda B, Em, Literate Housewife, Ms. Mazzola, Jessica, Mille, Margie)
4. Life of Pi by Yann Martel - 10 votes (Gofita, Carol, Staci, Ms. Mazzola, Heather, Kerri, Rebecca, Alita Reads, Julie H., Rhapsody)
9. The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley – 7 votes (Carol, Staci, FleurFisher, Vasilly, Ms. Mazzola, Angie, Amanda)
11. Emma by Jane Austen – 6 votes (Candice, Jennifer, Ms. Mazzola, Alita Reads, Kathrin, Literary Feline)
14. Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire – 5 votes (Shanyn, Jo-Jo, Calico Critic, Donna S, Lisa-Marie)
19. Roots by Alex Hailey - 5 votes (Cee-Cee, Staci, Literate Housewife, Sarah E., Angie S.)
35. Good Grief by Lolly Winston – 3 votes (Staci, Jenners, Margie)
36. Testimony by Anita Shreve – 3 votes (Marce, Allesandra, Mystica)
40. Three Junes by Julia Glass – 2 votes (Golda, Soft Drink)
42. Skinny Legs and All by Tom Robbins – 2 votes (Carol, Mille)
46. Bel Canto by Ann Patchett – 2 votes (Golda, Heather)
49. The Human Stain by Philip Roth – 2 votes (Jackie, Mille)
50. A Room With a View by E.M. Forster – 2 votes (Candice, Jenny girl)
Tasha is hosting this challenge. I’m hoping I even get 50 books read this year, but I’m going to give this one a shot. I’ll try to read at least one book from each of the 50 states. Last year I visited 23 so we’ll see if I can improve on that.
The goal of this challenge is to read books that are set in each of the fifty states. Your books can be of any genre and any format (ie. paperback, ebook, audiobook, etc.). No short stories. Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are fine. (Re-read reviews must be written within the year 2011; you can not use old reviews.)
This one hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea looks like fun and it should fit it with my monthly giveaways. I’m signing up for 12.
- Challenge runs from January 1 – December 31, 2011.
- Read books from your own shelves, and then pass the books on to someone else: a friend, relative, the library, used book store, swap them, just as long as the book leaves your house once it has been read.
- Decide on your goal (12 is the minimum – no maximum). Cross over books are allowed.
- Grab the button and do a post about the challenge.
- Keep a running list of the books you’ve read and passed on.
- Leave a comment with a link to your post and you are entered (no Mr. Linky).
- Have Fun and GOOD LUCK!
And this one hosted by Jamie at Nitty Gritty. I grew up on romances and since I have started my blog I feel like I have largely abandoned them so I’m signing up with a goal of 12.
1. Create a post for the challenge using the image above and link back to this post.
–Non-Bloggers: You are welcome to join too. Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post.
2. Sign up with the Mr. Linky.
–Link to your challenge post when you sign up please.
3. The goal of this challenge is to read AT LEAST 12 novels that are in the Romance genre (ANY kind of romance) between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011. Books read before January 1, 2011 do NOT count towards the challenge.
4. Audio, eBooks, paper all count. Re-reads are ok but try to keep them to a minimum. Cross overs from other challenges are ok.
5. There is no need to create your list now. Please feel free to use your challenge post to keep track of your titles if you so desire.
I’m blaming this one on Margot (her posts always made me want to join in), but it’s hosted by Kerrie at Mysteries in Paradise. I’m signing up to read my way through Agatha Christie’s novels in order. This challenge has no time limit, which is why I’m signing up. Since there are around 100 works I may be at it awhile!