Here are the rules… 1. Open to everyone. Play once or every week, that’s okay. I’m happy to have you here today.
2. No cheating. No looking at other commenter answers or Googling! Yes, we’re going by the honor system
3. Your first answers will be the only ones accepted.
1. ”If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you’ll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don’t feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth.” The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
2. ”It was a pleasure to burn.” Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
3. “Going to Ford’s Theatre to watch a play is like going to Hooter’s for the food.” Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
4. ”A green hunting cap squeezed the top of the fleshy balloon of a head.” A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
5. ”You better not never tell nobody but God.” The Color Purple by Alice Walker
6. “The small boys came early to the hanging.” The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
7. “Howard Roark laughed.” The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
8. “All happy families are alike; each is unhappy in its own way.” Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
9. “It’s hard being left behind.” The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
10. I was sitting in a taxi, wondering if I had overdressed for the evening, when I looked out the window and saw Mom rooting through a Dumpster.” The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls