This week’s movie topic is all about Work…
In honor of the Labor Day holiday here in the U.S. we thought we’d focus this week’s topic on movies centered around work – finding a job, getting a job, loving a job, hating a job – you get the idea. Here are some that we thought of while being lazy Bumbles enjoying our long weekend away from work. Share on your blog movies all about making a living and then link back here at The Bumbles.
Here’s my list…
1. The Sound of Music – (governess) A nun, a love story, a sing-a-long, and social commentary. It has it all.
2. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington- (politician) A feel good drama.
3. Adventures in Babysitting- (babysitter) I was a babysitter, but I never had a night like this!
4. Baby Boom -(executive turned baby food maker) Love this movie. Diane Keaton was great.
5. Major League - (professional baseball players) -I have to represent my Cleveland Indians
Visit the Bumbles to see other lists!
I hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day weekend. Today we are heading to Kelley’s Island for the week. It is a short drive (less than 1 1/2 hours) and it is a small island in Lake Erie. We rented a house there a few years ago and this year we’ve rented a condo. There’s no bridge, so we have to take a ferry. There is a winery (they also have great pizza) and a nice butterfly preserve. It is a relaxing place in the off season. Which starts tomorrow.
I have a couple of reviews that will be posted this week AND and interview with Carly Phillips with A GIVEAWAY! Check back on Friday for that. So, I’ll have posts up this week, but you won’t see any of my oh-so-witty comments til we get back. Have a great week!