Great Father Quiz
Check out the answers to last week’s New York, New York Quiz here!
Father’s Day provides the perfect time to think about some of literature’s best dads. See if you recognize these fathers and the book they lived in. Here’s how to play…Identify these fathers by telling me their name(if they have one) and the book. Leave a comment with the # and I’ll cross it off the list. No Googling, that’s cheating and no fun!
1. This 70′s classic follows a father and son on a 17 day journey across the country. As the author explained, “it should in no way be associated with Zen Buddhist practice. It’s not very factual on motorcycles, either”. (the father is never named, title only) Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Eva
2. Shakespeare’s last play, and best father, this is a story of betrayal and love on a remote island. This father is focused completely on his daughter’s happiness. Prospero form The Tempest - Phyl
3. Considered the best father in literature by many. The photo above is from the Award winning film based on the book. Atticus Finch form To Kill a Mockingbird - Eva
5. Not a true father, but when he took in a girl after her mother had died, his whole life changed. The town that had shunned him for stealing, accepted him for his wonderful daughter. Silas Marner from Silas Marner - Eva
6. This post-apocalyptic novel follows a father and son through the wilderness after most of life has been wiped out. This unnamed father will protect his son at any cost. The Road - Eva
7. He’s a bit eccentric, but it can’t be easy with a wife that’s a handful and five daughters. He supported his daughter when she wanted to marry for love. Who can ask for more than that? Mr. Bennett from Pride & Prejudice - Eva
8. Not only was he a father who supported his own family by being a good man, he also accepted a young wizard into the fold, never mind the potential danger. Arthur Weasley from the Harry Potter series - Eva
9. The father from this favorite childhood series was a widower, a lawyer, and a father who accepts help from his daughter on his cases and in turn helps her with hers. A very supportive dad. Carson Drew from the Nancy Drew series – Eva
10. A Father in name only, this monk struggles to build a great gothic cathedral in 12th century England. Philip from The Pillars of the Earth – Kathy